Thursday, November 12, 2009

Five on Friday


Featuring Becky Williams, secretary in the Office of Development

1. What are you most thankful for?
I am SO thankful for the faithfulness of God and His DAILY provision in my life. I know I serve a miracle-working God, and I have written down pages of miracles He has showered upon me.

I am especially thankful for my kids and how the Lord knew they would be my earthly strength and encouragers. I am blessed!

2. What's your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Boy, this is hard because every piece of this wonderful meal makes it delicious! Is it the homemade rolls? Or the yummy corn I froze fresh from the cob? Or the turkey stuffed with dressing from scratch - NOT THE BOX? Or a warm piece of pecan pie? Or the pumpkin pie that comes sometime later in the day? It's not the part -- it has to be the whole!

3. What was the best part about being a pastor's wife?
I so loved the people I met and the life experiences and places I was able to share with them. You are never the same because each person, place and event impacts your life forever. I LOVED being a pastor's wife; we were blessed with wonderful, loving church families.

4. What's one activity you love to do with your granddaughter?
Nothing warms my heart and soul more than when I'm curled up on the couch, reading a book to my 4-year-old granddaughter, and she looks up at me with her big eyes, hugs me and says, "Meemaw, I love you!" When that happens, my heart is just bursting with joy, knowing it can't get any better than this!

5. Why do you insist on rooting for the Nebraska Cornhuskers?
Well ... you're getting personal now! Besides being born and raised in the Cornhusker state, I am a true University of Nebraska alum. My husband would always joke that he'd put in our wedding vows for me to say, "I will love, honor and cherish you ... and forever be a devoted Nebraska Cornhusker fan!" I didn't actually say it, but the sentiment rings true! I love to watch football. You have to understand, Nebraska doesn't have a lot to shout out about. But once a Husker, always a Husker! GO HUSKERS! GO BIG RED!

No comments:

Post a Comment