Thursday, November 5, 2009

Five on Friday



Featuring Monique Perry '03, graphic designer

1. What is your favorite Homecoming activity?
I've always enjoyed the basketball game. It's great to reunite with classmates and family members who are Olivet grads. I look forward to Homecoming every year.

2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I either wanted to be a paleontologist or a marine biologist. I loved dinosaurs and sea creatures and still do!

3. What's one movie you could watch again and again?
You've Got Mail. I'm pretty sure I have it memorized, but I always cry at the end! "I just love New York in the fall. Makes me want to buy school supplies."

4. Do you have any Thanksgiving weekend traditions?
Every year since I was a little girl, I would help my mom break up dry bread for the dressing for Thanksgiving. What's more fun than tearing up crunchy bread?!

5. You've always been a swimmer and recently added running to your routine. What motivates you to stay in shape?
Olivet's first annual 5k run, Tiger Tracks, motivated me to start running. It's a great sense of accomplishment to continue to drop time and increase in mileage. I enjoy running most with my sister-in-law, Lauren McClymonds '02. She's a fantastic runner and continues to encourage me to better myself.

When running, I'm reminded of the verse Isaiah 40:31, "But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." When this verse comes to mind, there is no question I will finish my run and finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment