Friday, October 30, 2009

Five on Friday

Featuring Sharon Bellomy, student accounts cashier

You have a daughter who is a student at Olivet. What's it like to be an "Olivet mom"?
Our daughter, Kristen, will graduate in May 2010. It is a joy to have her stop in occasionally to say hi or tell me what is going on in her life. I also appreciate the many gracious, godly administrators, professors and staff members who have encouraged, supported and mentored her during the last 3 1/2 years.

I believe her experience at Olivet has helped her to grow emotionally, spiritually and academically. I just want to say thank you to all who have ministered to her during these last few years.

You're active in missions at your church. Why are you involved in that aspect of the church's work?
I am involved in missions because it is all about sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with the lost.

You see, I was not raised in a Christian home. My mother sent me and my siblings to church when we were young, and as I progressed toward the preteen/teen years, there were dark periods in my life when I chose not to go.

I remember the pastors, teachers and lay people who planted the seed of the Word of God in my heart and loved me even though I was not a Christian. At 17 years of age I asked Jesus to be my Savior, and since that time I have wanted to plant the seed of God's word in the hearts of others.

We hear you have a soft spot for dogs. True?
I do! We have a Sheltie at home. I also love to read about the different breeds of dogs. The only time I ask for the TV is in February, when the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is on.

What other interests do you have?
I like cooking, baking, reading and exercise. I like SciFi, but not if it is too gory. I am a Star Trek and Star Wars fan. Although, I use that term loosely because I do not attend conferences, wear T-shirts or buy collectibles!

Halloween is tomorrow. Is there a treat you can't resist?
I love chocolate in any form! My favorite would have to be the Lindor Truffles by Lindt.

No comments:

Post a Comment