Friday, July 24, 2009

Five on Friday


Featuring Rob Gibson, director of recruitment

1. What do you like most about working in admissions?
I have the incredible honor of listening to students share with me the calling God has spoken into their lives. Together we explore how God can use Olivet's mission and community to bring maturity and clarity to their God-given mission. I get to see students fall in love with Olivet and make their mark on the Olivet community - what a joy!

2. Why did you decide to get your master's degree in counseling?
God has called me to serve other people and walk with them as they face the difficulties of the past, present and future. God's call to "love one another" has a specific meaning for me, in that I share the grace and love of God with others as they face difficult moments in their lives. The Master of Arts in professional counseling at Olivet provided Christ-centered instruction and training that have proved invaluable to me as I follow God's call.

3. What is your favorite way to spend the day with your wife and daughter?
My favorite way to spend the day with my wife and daughter is to simply be together! I cherish every moment I have with them. A few favorite moments have been at the zoo, where according to my daughter, everything is a "doggie!" and on family walks outside. We love to be outdoors and to see new things together.

4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Impossible to choose! At first thought, I would go with my wife back to Nepal. We went there in the summer of 2006 and decided not to see Mount Everest. Big mistake! I'd definitely go back and do either the plane tour or go to base camp. A close second is a trip with my wife and daughter to Austria. I love the culture, the language and the landscape. My wife went there without me a few years ago and has promised to take me back!

5. Your wife has been known to run half marathons. What do you do to exercise?
I am definitely not as disciplined in that area as my wife. Funny because I was the athlete in high school. When I have time, I'll do just about anything - racquetball, tennis, Frisbee, even Pilates! I like basketball and lifting weights the most. If you get to know me, you'll know I'm pretty goofy and willing to try almost anything that's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment