Friday, July 17, 2009

Five on Friday


Featuring Matt Moore, graphic designer

1. How did you and your wife (Heather, pictured at right) meet?
I met Heather in college here at Olivet. It was an "open dorm" toward the end my freshman year, and she and her friends were hanging out in my room. We had both recently ended previous relationships, so we used to joke about being a "rebound couple." She's a great wife and wonderful mother, though - I couldn't have asked for a better rebound!!

2. How do you like to spend time with your two boys?
Fishing, playing catch, building stuff with anything we can find. They're pretty typical boys - if a competition can be made out of something, we'll find a way.

3. Would you rather watch sports or play a sport?
I play golf, volleyball and softball; I watch football and hockey. In my 'old age,' I prefer to stay out of the ER. My favorite? There's nothing better than hanging out on the couch with my wife and kids and watching a Cubs game.

4. What's your favorite summer grilling recipe?
A big fat steak that's been marinating in Teriyaki for about a month (OK, not an ENTIRE month...) and a baked potato with tons of butter. If it's raining, we'll throw the steak in the slow cooker and add a can of Coke. You can't get a meal like that at a restaurant.

I'm a big fan of cooking/grilling, but I like stuff spicy. My wife is not a fan of spicy, so we'll often make versions of the same item. If I don't keep them straight, I end up in the doghouse for the duration of the meal.

5. If you had a slogan for your life, what would it be?
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space," and, "When two people are of like mind, one is not needed."

In other words, it's OK take a risk and and it's OK to be yourself. God made us all unique and we should celebrate our differences. (Funny that advice should come from an identical twin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment