Friday, July 10, 2009

Five on Friday


Featuring Faith Newman, human resources assistant

1. You were a resident director for a couple of years. What was the most gratifying part of that job?
Living in the heart of college life after you are no longer a student yourself is a really awesome experience. You get a front row seat to how God is working in the lives of the women around you, and sometimes, God lets you get involved and walk with them through their experiences.

Of course, we had our fair share of shenanigans, too, but those details are probably best left unwritten.

2. How do you like to spend a lazy Saturday?
Grab a great movie and a good friend - who doesn't mind me being in my comfy pants - and veg out.

3. What's one place in Chicago you have to visit every time you're in the city?
Garrett Popcorn - a Chicago tradition! I'll wait in the line that wraps around the block for some of the caramel popcorn. I can't exactly get on board with the cheese popcorn/caramel popcorn combo, but I do not think twice about losing myself in that wax paper bag of caramely goodness.

4. Working in human resources you get to know a lot of people. How would you describe the average Olivet staff member?
So many people have gifts that go outside of their job description at the University - like staff members who are in bands with regular gigs, marathon runners, master wood workers and carpenters, Bible smugglers, interior decorators, semi-professional athletes, the list goes on! As a staff, we definitely can't be pigeon holed in to just what we do on the ONU campus.

5. It's baseball season, so finish this sentence: I am a ________ fan, and I will never cheer for the _________.
I am a Cleveland Indians fan, and I will never cheer for the New York Yankees!

No comments:

Post a Comment