Friday, October 2, 2009

Five on Friday


Featuring Doris Roberts, secretary in the Office of the President

1. What do you most enjoy about working in the President's Office?
I love the variety of tasks and the intensity of the pace of the office. I enjoy being stretched in my capabilities! The bonus in this office is the strong relationships we have with each other.

2. How do you unwind after a day at work?
It depends! When I am tired, I take a quick nap; otherwise, I thrive on reading a good book.

3. What's one good book you've read lately?
I always have several books that I am reading at the same time, so that is hard to answer! I just finished a biography on Watchman Nee (Against the Tide: The Story of Watchman Nee by Angus Kinnear), which was very inspiring. I am in the middle of reading a book by him, The Normal Christian Life, which is based on the book of Romans and is an excellent treatise on understanding our position in Christ.

4. We've heard you love to entertain. What holiday are you most looking forward to so that you can entertain company?
Christmas is my favorite holiday. I spend a lot of time (too much time!) decorating the house and really enjoy trying at least one new recipe to experiment with. My extended family jokes with me that they never know what they might have when they come to our house for a meal. I find myself adding a little bit of this and substituting here and there. I also think it is fun to see how to make the table special in presentation to surprise my guests.

5. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
As I have gotten older, I have realized that I am driven! Other people had to tell me that for me to realize it. I am friendly and creative - I think that is because I am left-handed and grew up without television.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Aunt Doris!!! Enjoyed reading your little article. Just had to comment to say that I always enjoy spending Christmas at your house since it is always so festive and I love the decorating!! Also, even though whatever you make is probably something that I've never ate - it is always wonderful!! Love, The Rabe's :)

    ReplyDelete